Regional Victoria will move to the third step of the state government's roadmap on Wednesday at 11.59pm.
Premier Daniel Andrews announced today that regional Victoria's rolling average increase in coronavirus cases is 3.6 over the last 14 days and there have been no mystery cases in regional Victoria for two weeks.
Mr Andrews said this means regional Victoria will be able to "open up in the next 24 hours".
"This is such good news I am so so glad and proud to every regional Victorian who has stayed the course. I know that it hasn't been easy," he said.
"Step Three mean the four reasons to leave your home will no longer apply, gathering limits will increase and most workplaces will reopen.
"Restrictions on businesses and visitors do remain in place regarding people caps, physical distancing and wearing of masks.
"I know that many hospitality venues would like more inside seating but the risk of infection is dramatically higher inside.
"This is a very big step today but it is a safe step... This is a great day for regional Victoria."
Step Three includes the following changes to restrictions:
- No restrictions on reasons to leave home or distance you can travel within regional Victoria.
- Public gatherings - up to 10 people outdoors.
- Visitors to the home - create a 'household bubble' with one nominated household allowing up to 5 visitors from that household at a time (infants under 12 months of age are not included in the cap).
Education and childcare
- Childcare is open.
- Schools will have a staged return to onsite learning for all students in term 4 with safety measures in place.
Hospitality and retail
- Only table service allowed with a maximum of two hour sittings.
- Indoor hospitality service - 10 seated patrons allowed with one person every four metres, maximum of two indoor spaces.
- Outdoor hospitality service - 50 seated patrons with one person every two metres, tables must be 1.5 metres apart and no groups larger than 10 allowed.
Ceremonies and special occasions
- Weddings - allowed with up to 10 people (including the couple, two witnesses and celebrant).
- Funerals - allowed with up to 20 people (infants under 12 months of age or people required to conduct the funeral not included in the limit).
- Religion - outdoor religious gatherings for up to 10 people plus a faith leader, places of worship open for private worship for households or social bubbles, plus a faith leader.
Entertainment leisure and travel
- Entertainment - outdoor venues and events open, subject to pre-approved plans.
- Accommodation - open, with caps per the social bubble.
- Travel - able to travel and holiday in regional Victoria which are also under Stage 3 Restrictions. Movement from Melbourne to regional Victoria rules have not changed, you can not be travelling to Regional Victoria unless you have to.
- All children's community sport to resume.
- All non-contact sport to resume for adults.
- Retail will remain open and will be expanded to include beauty and tattooing, where a mask can be worn
- Outdoor auctions can be held with a limit of 10 people.